Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Listen to your mother (and your body)! Eat your fruits & veggies!


I wish that I didn't, but I like the junk food. I don't eat Big Macs every day or anything like that, but I eat what I can grab and go. I try to eat right, but I slip up now and then. And recently, I noticed something.

When you have MS, your body lets you know when it is upset. And it doesn't whisper to you, it usually yells at you!!! I have gotten to where I don't eat the greasy burgers, pizza and cupcakes very often (even though they are oh so good...). But the other day I had about a 3-day spread where I WAS eating stuff like that. We travel a lot and that's what we were doing. Traveling and hurrying. I hadn't cooked in a while, so we were living on fast food. After about day two, I was not feeling good. When day three came around, I just wanted to go to bed. Nothing else had changed. I had been getting my rest, which usually is what affects me. There wasn't any unusual stress. The weather was nice. After thinking about my diet the past few days, I put two and two together. I MUST EAT BETTER!

So I made an effort to clean up what I had just done to my body. I loaded up on the fruits and vegetables. I had a mid-morning yogurt party for the next few days. I ate grilled meats. I ate salads. An apple was my afternoon snack. I cut the sodas and only drank water. And low and behold, I started feeling about 99% better! I wasn't as fatigued. I was in a better mood. I was simply better.

The Bible tells us our body is a temple (1 Corinthians 6:19-20). Take care of it. If not for yourself, for the Lord. When you feel good, you can better do his work. Go have an apple!!!!

3 comments:

  1. whatever, i'm taking fruit plus! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dear husband cannot seem to get the name of this product right, so I wanted to clear it up. It is actually Juice Plus. Close, James. :) Yall check it out! http://www.juiceplus.com/+to10850

    ReplyDelete