Thursday, May 21, 2009

Acupuncture is a great option...


It has been a while since I posted about my acupuncture, so as a refresher, I decided to try this avenue to improve my sleeping. I started it about 3 months ago. While being very pleasantly surprised at the sleeping results I gained after about 3 weeks of it (once a week), my hair was blown back by the other things it helped with. I had been having some recurring but recent MS symptoms when I started going to him. Mostly numbness and tingling in my feet and legs, and also in my hands. By the 3rd treatment, those new symptoms had disappeared. They reappeared a couple of weeks later, but after a treatment, they improved dramatically again!

With acupuncture, the doc works on the body as a whole. While his needle placement was working on relaxing me and balancing hormones to improve my sleep, my circulation was revved up a bit. Circulation increases blood flow and blood flow increases nerve response. Very cool.

I am a fan. I would recommend this to anyone. For me, now I get to sleep without taking a sleeping aid. If I get some new symptoms, I'll got back to try to speed up the process of getting back to normal.

I encourage you to try it, but please get a good recommendation! I gotta give a plug to the man I go to, Scott Taylor. Check out his Web site! How did I find this guy? A friend of mine went through the invitro process. She went to him for several treatments around that procedure and it was successful. She is now pregnant with twins! After a success story like that, I felt pretty sure the man knew what he was doing!

Keep an open mind. There is no telling what all you can accomplish. Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment