Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Is this my MS?


A while back, I had gone shopping and purchased some new dark denim capri pants. They were cute! Being excited to sport my news duds, I wore them out the evening after I got them. For things like that, I don't think they have to be washed before wear.

This was also a time I was in an MS slump. I just hadn't been feeling good and was having a lot of symptoms. And to add insult to injury, my shots weren't going that well either. They had really been hurting me and leaving knots in my thighs.

I got home that night after the outing and got ready to take a shower. Obviously I undressed to find blue upper thighs! I though, "Oh Lord, what next? I feel like doo, my shots are dreadful, and now they are turning me blue with bruises!!!!"

So I got in the shower ready to feel sorry for myself. After a little soap and water, the blue magically disappeared. I put two and two together and realized it was from my newly purchased jeans. Not MS. Not my shots.

This tends to happen to me more often than I like to admit. I blame more on my MS than should be blamed on it. MS does not cause everything that is wrong with me. Those of us with MS need to remember that our bodies are otherwise pretty normal and even though we have one thing challenging us, we are not exempt from other ailments.

This story of a harmless incident is one that gives me a chuckle when I think back on it, but it bring me to a good point. Keep an eye on other things. The human body is amazing and complex. Pay attention to it. Head to toe. There is no telling what it is wanting to say to you!

1 comment:

  1. The human body is amazing! Tonni, I am faced with the same questions often. Is this allergies, or is this optic neuritis...? I'm so glad your capris were at fault for the "bruises." :)

    ReplyDelete